|Tyler County Booster - Local News
Stories Added - May 2009
Copyright 2008 - Polk County Publishing Company
Office of Emergency Mgt. releases Swine Flu statement
Tyler County Booster - May 2009
Tyler County Office of Emergency Management released a statement Monday on the recent Swine Flu outbreaks you’ve been reading about. The statement follows:
Due to the recent concerns regarding outbreaks of Swine Flu, Tyler County Emergency Management in conjunction with The State Operations Center have raised our level of operations to a heightened awareness.
Judge Jacques Blanchette has directed this change to coordinate all efforts locally with the various state agencies that are involved so as to be better prepared to assist our citizens should it become necessary.
The Judge recommends that everyone practice Good Health Habits as the best method of prevention, and these include:
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. If possible, stay home from work, school or errands when you are sick.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing.
4. Wash your hands frequently, using soap or alcohol based hand sanitizer.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, thus preventing
spread of germs.
There are no current indications of any cases of swine flu in Tyler County, nor any area in East Texas. Our actions have been taken as a preventative measure and to be prepared in the event of any changes that would affect Tyler County.