Houston County Courier - Local News
Stories Added - January 2009
Copyright 2008 - Polk County Publishing Company
DPS releases new Top 10 Most Wanted list
Houston County Courier - January 2009
The Texas Department of Public Safety has released the new Top 10 Most Wanted list.
The fugitives on the list are wanted for a wide range of crimes, including homicide, burglary and aggravated assault.
Houston County Crime Stoppers and Texas Crime Stoppers will give a $1,000 cash reward to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of these fugitives.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of any of these fugitives should call Houston County Crime Stoppers at 545-TIPS or Texas Crime Stoppers (800) 252-TIPS (8477).
Tips can also be reported securely online to Houston County Crime Stoppers at www.545-TIPS.com
The Crime Stoppers hotline is open 24 hours a day. You do not have to give your name when calling.
DPS urges caution around these fugitives.
“Any fugitive should be considered armed and dangerous,” said Col. Stan Clark, interim director of the DPS. “You should never attempt to apprehend these fugitives yourself.”
For more information on specific fugitives or the crimes they are accused of, contact the local police department in the area where the fugitive was last seen.
Here is a list of the Top 10 Fugitives:
* Robert Barrera, DOB 9-26-82, last known address: Austin. Wanted for obstructing police, escape and burglary of a habitation.
* Richard Donny Carrillo, DOB 9-13-75, last known address: Odessa. Wanted for kidnapping and delivery of cocaine.
* Raul Flores Jr., DOB 2-7-73, last known address: Houston. Wanted for murder and delivery of marijuana. Authorities warn that Flores has violent tendencies.
* Patrick Ashton Leos, DOB 12-7-86, last known address: Amarillo. Wanted for obstruction of police, assault/family violence and dangerous drugs. Authorities warn that Leos has violent tendencies.
* Rhigo Montoya, DOB 5-29-72, last known address: Waco. Wanted for armed carjacking and assault/family violence.
* Rene Morales Munoz, DOB 12-19-67, last known address: Laredo. Wanted for homicide, probation violations and possession of cocaine.
* Mauricio Geovany Rosales, DOB 5-26-85, last known address: El Paso. Wanted for two counts of murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
* Harold Monroe Sharp, DOB 3-9-66, last known address: Joshua. Wanted for assault, evading arrest and possession of a firearm by a felon.
* Esequiel Rio Villareal, DOB 12-2-66, last known address: Houston. Wanted for two counts of homicide.
* Francisco Villela-Andrade, DOB 7-10-85, last known address: Houston. Wanted for homicide.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives to be featured on the Texas Top 10 Most Wanted list. Featured fugitives generally have been accused of committing violent crimes or crimes against children. Investigators are interested in apprehending these fugitives as soon as possible, before they are able to commit additional crimes.
You can find the current list--with photos--on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/. The list is updated as needed.