Main Sections

Polk County Enterprise

Houston County Courier

Houston County Courier

Groveton News

Big Thicket Messenger

San Jacinto Newstimes

Trinity Standard

Tyler County Booster

Corrigan Times





Houston County Courier - Local News
Stories Added - June 2009
Copyright 2009 - Polk County Publishing Company

Recreation Resource Advisory Committee Seeks Applications
Houston County Courier -  June 2009

ATLANTA - The Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, is seeking nominations to fill four positions on the 11-member Recreation Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) for the South.
The Recreation RAC provides recommendations to the Forests Service about recreation fees on public lands within the Southern Region.
Nominations will be accepted through July 31. One member will be selected to represent each of the following interests: (1) wildlife viewing/visiting interpretive sites, (2) non-motorized recreation, (3) local environmental groups and (4) state tourism official representing the state.
Selectees will begin their service in February 2010, coinciding with the end of current members’ three-year terms. New committee members are appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture to serve a three-year term.
The December 2004 Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (REA) established the criteria for the four interest areas. Applicants must complete an AD-755 form (Advisory Committee or Search/Promotion Background Information) to qualify as a nominee.
Qualified individuals from the applicant pool will be recommended to the Southern Regional Forester for appointment, based on the following criteria: (1) What interest group is represented? (2) How is the applicant qualified to represent that particular group? (3) Why does the applicant want to serve on the committee? (4) What does the applicant have to contribute? (5) Does the applicant have prior experience working as part of a successful collaborative group?
Letters of recommendation are welcome, but not required.
USDA policies regarding equal opportunity will be followed during the committee member selection and appointment process. Candidates who represent minorities, women and persons with disabilities will be considered.
Recreation RAC members serve without pay. However, travel and per diem expenses are reimbursable for regularly scheduled committee meetings.
All Recreation RAC meetings are open to the public.
An open public forum is part of each meeting.
Application materials may be obtained on the web at www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/rrac-application.shtml or by e-mail request to r8_rrac@fs.fed.us
To submit an application or speak directly with a Forest Service representative, contact Caroline Mitchell, Forest Service, PO Box 1270, Hot Springs, AR 71901, phone: (501) 321-5318.



Polk County Publishing Company
Copyright 2009
Contact Us: polknews@livingston.net
Call us at - (936) 327-4357

Webmaster: Gregg Faith