|Polk County Enterprise - Local News
Stories Added - June 2009
Copyright 2008 - Polk County Publishing Company
Commissioners to discuss pacts with volunteer fire depts. serving county
Polk County Enterprise - June 2009
LIVINGSTON – Commissioners Court will consider approval of agreements it has with the various county volunteer fire departments. Each department has a contract with the county to provide a service to a specific area and from time to time these agreements are reviewed and amended as necessary. Commissioners will consider implementing a county-wide burn ban if specific circumstances are found to exist in the unincorporated areas of the county where there may be an increased risk for fire. It has been dry lately and there are indications from some county officials the burn ban will be approved. Several community leaders at Wednesday’s Subdivision Director’s meeting called for a burn ban to be approved. Many are wary of the dry conditions and would like to see the ban in place to give them some ammunition in their respective subdivisions to prevent a catastrophic wildfire from starting. Other items on the agenda are:
• Consider approval of budget revisions as presented by the county auditor.
• Consider approval of schedule of bills
• Consider approval of personnel action forms
• Consider approval of easement agreement with the City of Livingston relating to Polk County Judicial Center and final invoice from Jeff S. Chance for attorney fees related to easement preparation
• Consider approval of commissioner Precinct 1 to increase buyboard purchase amount for one front end loader with trade-in (amount not to exceed $110,000
• Consider any/all necessary action regarding a pre-positioned contract for future disaster debris removal in Polk County
• Consider any/all necessary action regarding inmate telephone service at the Polk County Jail.
• Consider any/all necessary action regarding redistricting services associated with the 2010 census.
• Consider any/all necessary action regarding the purchase of one new pickup truck for environmental enforcement
• Consider any/all necessary action regarding the purchase and installation of a 911 system generator at the Polk County Law Enforcement Center
• Consider approval of listing of previously authorized capital purchases to be included on reimbursement resolution
• Consider the July 1, 2009 closing of the fiscal year 2009 reimbursement resolution to finalize all expenditures to be included for issuance of authorized debt in 2009 tax notes, including the distribution of additional road & bridge funding in the amount of $1,000,000 to be distributed by precinct-percent-age formula
• Discussion of county employee health insurance renewal and necessary action relating to renewal
• Consider recommendation of Precinct 2 commissioner for approval to release letters of credit #302 & #303 for the subject portion of construction of roads in Cedar Point Section 6 in accordance with Polk County, Texas subdivision regulations
• Consider any and all necessary action regarding a contract with East Texas Engineers, Inc. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the commissioners courtroom on the third floor of the Polk County courthouse.