Polk County Publishing Company, P.O. Box 1267, Livingston, TX. 77351 - (936) 327-4357

San Jacinto News-Times - Local News

Copyright 2011 - Polk County Publishing Company


Appraisal notices out
San Jacinto News- Times

COLDSPRING – If your property value has increased in the last year, you should have received a notice of your 2011 appraised value from the San Jacinto County Appraisal District. The appraisal district mailed notices May 3. Your city, county, school district and other local taxing units will use the appraisal district’s value to set your 2011 property taxes. State law requires county appraisal districts to notify property owners about changes in their property’s value. The notice also contains important information about the property’s location, its ownership and property tax exemptions that have been applied to the property. It must include an estimate of 2011 taxes by local taxing units. Property owners who disagree with the appraised value of their property, the exemptions or any other action by the appraisal district have the right to appeal to the San Jacinto County Appraisal Review Board (ARB). The ARB is an independent panel of citizens responsible for hearing and settling property owner pro-test. The notice of appraised value includes instructions on how and when to file a protest, a protest form and the Comptroller’s Property Taxpayer Remedies. The deadline for filing a protest with the ARB is June 3, 2011. Texas Comptroller Susan Combs’ publication, Property Taxpayer Remedies, explains in detail how to protest yo9ur property appraisal, what issues the ARB can consider and what to expect during a protest hearing. The publication also discusses the option of taking your case to court or entering into binding arbitration if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your ARB hearing. Property Taxpayer Remedies is available from the San Jacinto County Appraisal District, 99 Slade Street, Coldspring, Texas 77331. The publication is also available on the Comptroller’s Website at www.window.state. tx.us/taxinfo/proptax/ or by calling the Comptroller’s Property Tax Assistance Division at 800-252-9121, est. 1.


Polk County Publishing Company