|Trinity Standard - Local News
Stories Added - November 2008
Copyright 2008 - Polk County Publishing Company
THS receives third bomb threat
Trinity Standard - November 2008
TRINITY – For the third time this school year, Trinity High School students were forced to evacuate their building last week due to a bomb threat.
According to Trinity Police Chief Steven Jones, the students had to leave the school for about two hours on Thursday, Nov. 20, when a phone call was made indicating a bomb had been placed in the building.
While no arrest had yet been made, Jones said police have the a recording of the bomb threat and hope to match the voice
“When asked to identify them self, the caller gave the name ‘Emily Garcia,’ but it was obviously a male voice,” he said.
The police chief said investigators are in the process of questioning students at the school about the matter and expect to make an arrest.
Jones said the call came in about 11:50 a.m. and police and school officials “took all necessary precautions” and evacuate the buildings. A bomb detection dog from the Conroe Independent School District came to the scene and was quickly able to determine that no explosives were inside the buildings.
Earlier this year, two other bomb threats – both made using notes left in the school – resulted in the arrest of THS students on state jail felony charges of making a false alarm/report.
The first occurred on Sept. 8 when a note was found in a high school restroom. Two 17-year-old senior girls, Hope Soliz and Emily Burson, were arrested later that day and charged with making the threat.
On Sept. 29 a second bomb threat note was found in a restroom in the THS vocational agriculture building. Two 16-year-old male students were taken into custody that same day in connection with the threat. Their names were withheld because of their ages.