|Trinity Standard - Local News
Copyright 2013 - Polk County Publishing Company
Mickey's House open to public
Trinity Standard -
TRINITY — The old Community Health Center has been renamed! Mickey's House has been open since 2012. The facilities' main purpose is to allow the non-profit groups of Trinity to have a free place to meet and some office space. While being renovated the summer of 2012, they added a full kitchen, small dining area, a private conference room and computer lab. The former clinic waiting room is now a tastefully appointed 800 sq. ft. meeting room. This room can seat up to 50 occupants and can be rented for other occasions. Presently, the building occupies several non-profit organizations including: Crimestoppers, The Trinity Historical Society, C.A.S.A, Blanche K. Werner Library, Trinity Peninsula Foundation, Shaman Therapy and Dr. Kim Fitzgerald's Psychological Office. The northeastern portion of the building is the location of Head-to-Toe Salon. Free computer learning classes are now available to the public and a child psychological counseling is in the works. A stained glass club is forming and there is a possibility of a Santa's Workshop being set up to provide free toys for local children at Christmastime. Mickey's house was named in honor of Mickey Barnes , wife of Sam Barnes, MD. Mrs. Barnes was well known for her active involvement in the community. Dan Barnes , chairman of the project, states that he hopes the community will embrace the facility and thereby ensure it's continued availability. For more information call (936) 594-0331 or write to Mickey's House, P.O. Box 1851, Trinity, Texas 75862.