|Trinity Standard - Local News
Stories Added - March 2, 2008 - March 9, 2008
Copyright 2008 - Polk County Publishing Company
Ex-students plan reunion; accept scholarship forms
Trinity Standard - March 2008
TRINITY – Planning for the annual reunion set June 14 got underway this month when the Trinity Ex-Students Association held their first meeting of the year.
The annual event will again be held at Trinity High School with a social hour from 10 to 11 a.m. A business meeting and recognition of classes will be held around 11 a.m..
Classes to be honored this year include 1928, 1938, 1948, 1958, 1958, 1978, 1988, 1998 and 2008.
The association uses income from memorials, donations and membership dues to help fund its annual scholarships.
The group began by awarded one $1,000 award in 1982 and now fund two $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors and one $1,000 scholarship to any THS graduate who is attending college.
In addition to the three Ex-Student Association Scholarships, the association also administers 10 other awards.
• The Class of 1959 Scholarships – two $1,000 awards offered to any ex-THS graduate.
• Lloyd and Mozelle Bell Scholarships – three $1,000 awards to graduating THS seniors seeking an education degree.
• John Horace Bell Scholarship – one $1,000 award to a graduating senior seeking a music degree.
• Doyal and Royal Lowery Scholarship – one $500 award to any graduating senior.
• Dan and Sue Calihan Scholarship – one $1,000 award to any graduating senior.
• John Martin Scholarship – one $500 award to any graduating senior.
• Edgar and Olive May Scholarship – one $300 award to any graduating senior.
Current THS seniors who would like to apply may pickup applications forms from THS Counselor Cheryl Spearman. Ex-students wishing to apply may mail a request for an application to P.O. Box 1994, Trinity, Texas 75862.
Deadline for all applications is May 1.